When you engrave signs, tags or labels, often you choose the size of the engraved sign and the font size. However, these two factors in combination lead to an engraved sign that fits its environment and are readable. So how should proceed? Read on, and view our short video with more information.
Engraved Tags Factor 1: Sign Dimensions
Often, our customers come to us with predetermined dimensions for their sign.
The most common reasons the dimensions are a set factor:
- Matching existing signage that has already has uniform set dimensions
- The environment where the engraved tag will be placed only allows for tags of certain dimensions
- A job spec has dictated the dimensions of the sign
Two factors in combination lead to an engraved sign that fits its environment and are readable
Engraved Signs Factor 2: Text/font Size
Just because the dimensions of the engraved sign are a set factor doesn’t mean that the text or font size isn’t also given. An order might list a 3 inch by 5 inch engraved tag with 1/2 inch letters. The size of the letters may have been chosen because of a few reasons
- Past successful projects with that font and font size
- Carried over from several job specs regardless of the success of the project
- Matching existing engraved signs
Choosing the primary factor
The truth is, the dimensions of the engraved sign, the font and the font size must work in combination to produce a readable engraved tag. Here’s how to choose the primary factor:
- Must the dimensions of the sign match existing signage to be acceptable? The answer is usually less if the signs are placed in settings where visual If yes, the size/dimensions of the tag is your primary factor.
- Does the environment in which your engraved tag will be placed call for the size of the tag to be restricted? If yes, the size/dimensions of the tag is your primary factor.
- Has the job spec called for exact sign dimensions but not text size? If yes, the size/dimensions of the tag is the primary factor.
- Has the job spec called for exact text size but not sign dimensions? If yes, the text size is the primary factor.
- Does the spec call for exact text size and exact sign dimensions? If yes, and the sign is readable, we’re all good! If no, work with us to figure out the best combination of sign dimension and text size for your project. Check out our video that shows how we do that.
Producing the engraved sign
Great care should be taken in determine the dimensions of your tag and the text size before production starts. The biggest question that needs to be answered before production starts is: If the sign is not readable with the dimensions and text size given, should the size of the engraved sign change or the text size? This is most often important when the quantity to be produced is over 20 and/or when the material of the sign is premium (such as stainless steel.)
What to expect from your engraver
When you choose a business to engrave tags, find one that ensures the success of your project. All too often, we see engraved signs that don’t meet our high standards, and we know that those signs cost just as much or more that our engraved signs. We guarantee that every engraved sign we produce will be of the highest quality and delivered at a competitive price. With us, you get the best engraved tags and service that is the best in the industry.
Contact Us to get an estimate within minutes.
TEXT US: 817-504-2836
CALL US: 817-504-2836
EMAIL US: email@example.com
VISIT US: 354 Mc Donnell St #2, Lewisville, TX 75057